Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Prayer for Obama

Flowers represent hope.
In our office yesterday I was grumbling, Bob was playing the blues on his guitar along with various blues CDs, and Byron said something about it's so sad. Then my daughter received an email from a friend, asking everyone to pray for the Obama family. She replied with a wonderful prayer and I'm posting it here today:

My Prayer for Obama

Heavenly Father,
I love you and know that you are in control. I thank you for my family, and friends, a warm bed to sleep in and good food to eat.

I pray that Your will be done in our government. I pray that even though people are racist and vote based on looks, charm, and the color of a man's skin, that you would work a miracle in our country.

I pray that even though Obama has the reputation of being the most fascist, communist senator in 2007, that you would do what some might call impossible, and CHANGE Obama's heart.

I pray that even though Obama has a history of voting against the rights of the unborn, that You would prick Obama's heart every time he looks into the eyes of his dear children. I pray that in spite of the way Obama has voted in the past, You would work a miracle in his heart, and the cries of pain from the children who are being aborted would be heard.
Then we will know that the CHANGE came from YOU God, because YOU can change
even Obama's heart
. Our HOPE is in you, Lord.

I pray for a miracle of protection over our children and our country that now has a President who is supported by Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas.
Have mercy on us Heavenly Father for the sake of our children.

Most of all, Heavenly Father, I pray that WE will humble ourselves and pray. In your Word you say,
"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."
Father please forgive us, and heal our land.

Lincoln's post at Habitation of Justice had a good perspective. We, as Christians, need to look to our churches and our own lives and see what needs to be changed. Paul was not as concerned with which Caesar was ruling as with warning Christians about all the false teaching going on and about the way they were living.

No comments:

Post a Comment