Friday, December 26, 2008

Things Not Clear

It's not always clear
Some mornings, reading my scriptures for the day, I get a real revelation, sometimes an encouragement or correction and some days, like today, a great big WHY?? Usually, well, at least a good percent of the time, I'll hear a teaching that explains the question, or the Lord will show me in another bit of his word, on another day, the meaning. Of course, if I'm not lazy, and dig in and search other scriptures out, it helps. So, I'm probably going to get an answer, at some point in time to this one:
"I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart." Jeremiah 24:7
The prophet had just been railing at the people for not obeying God, most of the previous 23 chapters. Why are there evil people if they could just be given a heart to know God in the first place? I know it is by grace we are saved, and not by anything we do ... still, if they are "the objects of his wrath - prepared for destruction..." Romans 9:22 Why castigate them?

Some things won't ever be very clear until we meet the Lord in the end, even though there are plenty of people who think they have it all figured out.
"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a glass; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12


Our weather, here in Hawaii is pretty unpredictable as well. I used to tell people, "we've never had a rainy Christmas that I can remember. It's usually clear and sunny." Well, it must be all that global warming causing the strange cold weather patterns on the mainland and the rain here the past few days.

Kids don't care about a little rain. In fact it represents an opportunity. I, on the other hand, am wearing a sweatshirt today and having hot tea and cookies while I blog. It's that cold. I remember talking to my daughter on the phone, during the first winter she was at college on the East coast, and telling her how cold it was here at home. That I had a sweater on or something and she told me, "Mom, you don't know what cold is!" Maybe not. But, do I want to?

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of "Lake Riley" hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a seasonal thing. Can't stock it with fish.

    ReplyDelete